We have been working hard to improve our product.
Changes to Payment Terminals
We are excited to share an update on our in-person card payment system, which has received excellent feedback from restaurant staff and internal operations since its launch. We appreciate your positive comments and support, and we are committed to ensuring that our system works seamlessly for all our customers.
To enhance your experience even further, we have made some significant improvements to the system. We hope that these updates will make your payments even more straightforward, allowing you to focus on your customers and your business.
- You now can use a terminal on as many tablets or computers as needed.
- All your devices can now be connected to different Wi-Fi (or even cellular) networks and still work – instantly!
- You do not have to tap “Connect to a terminal” in the sidebar anymore.
- When you collect a payment by tapping on the “Payment Terminal” button, you will be asked which terminal to use.
- After selecting a terminal, you can take the payment as normal.
A significant number of ORDR locations use our pre-payment tables, which have been particularly popular among bars, nightclubs, and quick-service restaurants that take payment up front.
To improve the pre-payment experience for both staff and customers, we’ve spent the last few months studying tens of thousands of orders and making small but impactful changes to the UI and reporting. We’re thrilled to report that these changes have been well received by the locations using ORDR payment terminals and pre-payment service over the past week or two.