Security is paramount when using ORDR, and it begins with creating strong, secure passwords. This guide will provide tips on creating and managing your passwords, as well as steps to recover your account if you forget your password.
Creating a secure password
A secure password is the first line of defense against unauthorized access. Here are some tips for creating a strong password:
- Length: Make your password at least 12 characters long. Generally, the longer the password, the harder it is for someone else to guess.
- Complexity: Use a mix of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Variety: Avoid using common words, phrases, or patterns. Instead, consider using a phrase or sentence that is memorable to you but would be hard for others to guess.
- Uniqueness: Don’t use the same password across multiple sites or applications. This prevents a breach on one platform from compromising your security on others.
Secure, but memorable passwords
When it comes to password security, length is more important than complexity. A long password like
i am absolutely in love with pizza is way more secure than a short, complex password like
P1zz@L0v3r, and a lot easier to remember.
Managing your password
Here are some tips for managing your password effectively:
- Avoid sharing: Never share your password with anyone, even colleagues or supervisors.
- Be wary of suspicious requests: ORDR will never ask for your password in an email, over the phone, or in chat. Be suspicious of any such requests.
If you have trouble remembering your passwords, consider using a password manager. Password managers are applications that store your passwords in an encrypted database. They can also generate a long complex password for you (and you will not need to remember that!). Common password managers include 1Password and Bitwarden.
If you suspect your password has been compromised, change it immediately. If you use the same password across multiple sites or applications, change it on those platforms as well. You should also notify your restaurant manager and the ORDR support team.
If you need further assistance with your account or password, don’t hesitate to contact ORDR’s support team.
Remember, maintaining password security is not just about keeping your account safe. It also helps ensure the overall security of your restaurant’s data and operations.